Skip to main content

"The Paring Glass"

 "The Paring Glass"

We Are Messengers


I'm not a perfect man

Not even a good man

But I'm not the sum of my mistakes

Or the sum of all the good things I have done

The truth lies somewhere between the two 

Both by God and by His family

And I'm a grateful man 

So friends

Walk slow

Go easy

And love well


Of all the money that I had 

I spent it in good company

And all the harm I ever did

Alas it was to none but me 

And all I've done for want of wit

To memory now I can't recall

So fill to me the parting glass

Good night and joy be with you all 


Of all the comrades that I had

They're sorry for my going away 

And all the sweethearts that I had

They'd wish me one more day to stay

But since it fell into my lot

That I should rise and you should not 

I'll gently rise and softly call

Good night and joy be with you all 

I'll gently rise and softly call

Good night and joy be with you all 


Buy On
 or 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Christmas Offering"

                                                     "Christmas Offering"                                                       Casting Crowns 

"Exhale"

    "Exhale"  Plump

"Sinking"

  "Sinking"    Jars Of Clay